Saturday, January 7, 2017

Review: Mostly Human

Title: Mostly Human
Author: David I Jolly

Blurb: Alex Harris is a world famous rock star, lead singer of the Internationally acclaimed band The Waterdogs. But Alex is no ordinary rocker, he has a secret that he and his family have painstakingly kept since Alex was ten years old.
This is the story of him, and his life, growing up with his parents and his elder sister Annabel whilst coming to grips with a strange condition.
Follow them as this Journey twists and turns its' way through tragedies, heartbreak, intrigue and into the clutches of organised crime.


 AMAZON / GOODREADS











I'll admit it straight away, when I started Mostly Human I was expecting something some paranormal novel, with lots of action and with a cool rock n' roll vibe to it.
Were my expectations met? Well, yes and no...there is the paranormal element and the rock n' roll...all right. But there is also much more, because you see in the end this book is about family.


But let me first take a step back,We begin with Alex being a famous rock star and then we do take a step back to when he was a kind and his encounter with a werewolf.
The writing was very good and fluent, the pacing was well done...I was never bored.
But as I anticipated this isn't just your regular paranormal novel this is also a heartwarming story about family and how to overcome the weirdest of trials with the help of your loved ones (also I loved Alex's relationship with his sis). So yes, in this book there is more to what the plot lets in.


There was only one small thing, a death that felt a bit too much of a plot device...but then again this is just my opinion...And since we are at it, I'm really not sure if I liked the end, I'm still a bit baffled by it..nd wanting to know more....craving more. I dearly hope there will be a sequel....



Rating:



4 blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment