Saturday, December 17, 2016

Interview with Simon Williams author of Oblivion's Forge

 Hello, hello dear people,
A while ago I did a spotlight post for Oblivion's Forge by Simon Williams and now I'm back with an interesting interview with the author (Thank you Simon!!)


Interview with Simon Williams author of Oblivion's Forge



1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
For as long as I can remember, yes. Pretty much since the age of four. As time went on I discovered I wasn't really much good at anything else, so in a strange sort of way that actually helped.

2. Where is your favorite place to write?
I usually write at a crummy little desk or in a soft chair with an old notepad, but given the choice, I'd opt for a mountain top in the summer- or a particularly beautiful beach.

3. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Forcing myself through the times when the inspiration isn't there, it eventually results in the inspiration returning, so it's always worth it, but it feels awful at the time.

4. Who are your favorite authors?
Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Ian Irvine, Cecilia Dart-Thornton, Tad Williams, Alan Garner, George R R Martin, C J Cherryh, Ceclia Friedman, and numerous others

5. Name a favorite book of yours.
Difficult to pick just one, but Alan Garner's "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen" was my favourite when I was a kid

6. Describe your book in 3 words.
Character-driven, atmospheric, gritty... going on what a number of reviews say ;)

7. Give us some interesting or fun fact about Oblivion's Forge.
The original book was written many years ago but I pretty much changed everything which is why it took as long to reach publication as it did. The other books in the series took roughly a year each (for me, that's
actually prolific)

No comments:

Post a Comment